Learning Goals for
General Chemistry I (115)
On completion of this course, students should
- know the fundamentals of the properties of matter, measurement,
- understand the quantitative aspects of chemical formulas and reactions,
for bot solution and gas-phase processes.
- have an introductory appreciation for the theories of atomic
structure and chemical bonding.
- know the symbolism and terminology of chemistry as well as the
organization and information conveyed by the periodic table of
- be competent in catgegorizing selected types of chemical reactions.
- understand the various forms of energy and the role they play in
physical and chemical processes.