Boron-doped Conjugated Oligomers, Polymers, and PAHs: We pursue new conjugated hybrid materials for applications in organic electronics and as luminescent sensory materials.
Nanostructured Luminescent Materials: We apply controlled polymerization methods to prepare luminescent (co)polymers and study their self-assembly.
Stimuli-Responsive and Supramolecular Materials: We utilize new scorpionate-type ligands for the development of supramolecular metallopolymers.
Sustainable Chemistry: We develop polymer-supported Lewis acids and "frustrated" Lewis pairs (FLPs) for catalysis applications.
Chiral Lewis Acids and Lewis Pairs: We investigate planar chiral ferrocenes that are functionalized with Lewis acid/base sites for stereoselective synthesis.
- X. Yin, J. Chen, R. A. Lalancette, T. B. Marder and F. Jäkle, "Highly electron-deficient and air-stable conjugated thienylboranes" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 9761-9765. [doi]
- W. Wan, F. Cheng and F. Jäkle, "A borinic acid polymer with fluoride ion- and thermo-responsive properties that are tunable over a wide temperature range" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 8934-8938. [doi]
- F. Cheng, E. M. Bonder and F. Jäkle, "Electron-deficient triarylborane block copolymers: synthesis by controlled free radical polymerization and application in the detection of fluoride ions" J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 17286-17289. [doi]
- J. Chen, R. A. Lalancette and F. Jäkle, "Synthesis and Lewis acid properties of a ferrocene-based planar-chiral borenium cation" Chem. Commun. 2013, 49, 4893-4895. [doi]
- P. Chen, F. Jäkle, "Highly luminescent, electron-deficient bora-cyclophanes" J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 20142-20145. [doi]
For more detail, please see the
Jäkle Group Web Page