GENERAL CRITERIA FOR NTT RESEARCH TITLE
Faculty of Arts and Sciences-Newark
Criteria for Appointment
- Advanced or Terminal degree in relevant field as appropriate for
- Demonstrated experience and compelling evidence of accomplishments
in research and scholarship.
Criteria for Reappointment
- Continued need for position, and availability of funding;
- Satisfactory performance of duties in existing position as determined
by PI, project director, or chair, continued need for position, and
availability of funding. Proven service in accordance with the
mission of the department and the University, appropriate to the
level of the appointment.
Criteria for Promotion to all Ranks
- Continued need for position and availbility of funding;
- Minimium of six years in rank;
- Significant additional contributions appropriate to
project/responsibilities, such as generating independent research
ideas in coordination with PI, project director or chair;
demonstrating high level of initiative and ability to work
independently; supervising students and/or staff; obtaining external
funding; publication in peer-reviewed journals, as appropriate to
the discipline and the level of the appointment.